Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default NE-2 neon bulbs

NE-1 lamps are Edison based, 3/4" globe neon lamps commonly used as on/off indicators for radios in the 1950s and early 1960s, mostly from Zenith and mostly AM/FM. I have a sleeve of them that I got when I purchased a brown-paper-bag of *stuff* at a flea-market. Coincidentally, that bag also included two NIB RCA 7199 tubes. Go figure.

I also have a sleeve of fuse-style neon lamps. I do not remember the part number, and I did not think there was any modern application - until I looked at my 1-point tester some time later.

They look like this:

https://image.ec21.com/image/leboda/...mp-picture.jpg

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA