Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Removing a WC pan

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:48:24 +0000, Robin wrote:

Though the
downside risk of the water going off without notice for 24 hours is not
to be sniffed at - especially if like us you don't have water butts,
pond etc

Though in normal circumstances I think bottled water can be a bit of
an affectation that it is easily available and often supplied by the
water supplier anyway in such circumstances means it is less of a
problem than it once was.

Thames Water don't supply enough bottled water in an emergency to flush
the loo.

Rather on cue I see from this evenings regional news that the area
around Woodley had just such an interruption from early this morning
to this evening.

Thames Water did not appear to be too stingy in handing out bottled
water from the artics that brought pallet loads in to the distribution
sites with people loading up multiple packs of 6x2L bottles and
although those with cars are at an advantage in such circumstances
there was at least one baby buggy being used to carry two packs.
There appeared to be no attempt at rationing and numerous tweets on
their twitter feed were encouraging people to come and get water.
A good DIY person should be capable of removing the cistern lid and
pouring 3 or 4 bottles in when a flush becomes necessary.

G.Harman