Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default whole shop of power tools

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 10:49:33 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 22:20:40 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

I don't know what those cabinets cost so can't reply on them. But
the listed price for all the other tools seems pretty close to new
prices. Granted they do appear to be almost new for usage. Not sure
about age though.

it is a common human affliction to price things too high
especially on craigslist

but you have to start with the price high because i am pretty sure
that no one pays more than the asking price on craigslist

and i think most never pay even the asking price

from the looks of it some is selling everything so the best way to
go is offer them one price for the lot

can be hard to pass up offers like that when you just want to get rid
of stuff

I hear you. But for me, if you do not start with a realistic market price, then you will not even get people calling to dicker. I'm not going to waste my time to bargain you down from an unrealistic too high price. I'll only call for someone who knows what the real price is and starts there. Then they don't have to dicker or argue with a buyer because it is the correct price.