Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which knot?

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 19:49:57 UTC, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 19:09:29 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 10:29:00 -0800 (PST), tabbypurr wrote:

I need to capture a half-feral cat with a serious medical problem. I
have a large wire cage that's not designed to be used as a trap. If I
tie string/rope to the open door, pass it through the wire cage and run
it along the ground, it would be possible to wait and pull the string
once the cat enters. This won't work unless the door closes and at the
same time a knot ties it shut. The knot needn't hold long, 10 seconds
against a large strong cat should do the job. Question is, what knot
should I use?

NT

Rather than trying to catch it yourself, IMO you should contact the
RSPCA in your area. They have lots of experience at doing that sort of
thing.

In fact, they may well lend you a trap.

They did to help us trap a feral cat which was hanging around our place.

Obviously not fully DIY, but......

Cheers

Now that may be useful, thank you, though I can see troubles resulting. Will talk to them.

NT