Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Crown Stoves - Repair Parts

On Wed, 8 Nov 2017 05:45:34 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have the same American Crown 6 burner stove that doesn't light without me physically lighting it. I have the double oven, but the temperatures are kind of out of whack. I need it repaired, but American Crown is out of business. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this fixed before Thanksgiving?

Jill, most appliance repairmen may be able to get the part. I believe
they're called a "starter" for electronically lit burners and "pilot
generator" for the old pilot-flamed models. If they have trouble, try
http://www.stovelady.com/partsordering.php

I had a gas Merrit and O'Keefe DeVille 4 burner with chrome griddle in
the middle, a fully adjustable height broiler on the left, and stove
on the right. Great old beastie from the '20s. Had it re-orificed
for propane by a plumber who installed the gas line.

--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to