Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default decent reasonable hand rivet gun

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , Graeme
writes

[1] Our rear drive gates are the original Gates From Hell. Sheet
metal riveted to a metal frame, probably installed 40+ years ago,
rusting quite well and many of the original rivets are long gone
resulting in the sheets rattling against the frame. Now fixed :-)

TEK screws might be an alternative for your gates.

Thanks. Yes, they certainly could be. At the moment, I have inserted
rivets where the old rivets knocked out easily, and that is enough to
stop the sheets banging very loudly whenever the gates are opened or
closed. Further work will be required, not to mention a coat or two of
paint.
--
Graeme