Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default towel rad - leaking from bottom valve tail fixing

In article ,
Dave m wrote:
replying to Spamlet, Dave wrote: I'm having the same problem as the
original poster. Got some Aluminium Designer Vertical Radiators, no
matter what I do, I cannot stop the tails from leaking. I have tried
regular PTFE Tape, Gas PTFE Tape, Joint Compound and Fernox Sealer. I
have even tried types of tails, including extendable ones that have a
short thread but a rubber seal on the end, thinking this will surely
nail it but to no avail. A frustrating and costly mistake buying these
rads.

Are you certain they've not split open on a thread? Aluminium is nothing
like as strong as steel.

--
*Be more or less specific *

Dave Plowman London SW