Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Allread[_2_] Mark Allread[_2_] is offline

Default The Express.

On Wed, 08 Nov 2017 03:19:10 -0800, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 18:16:23 UTC, tim... wrote:
"Andrew" wrote in message
news
On 07/11/2017 14:53, Mark Allread wrote:
On Tue, 07 Nov 2017 14:50:22 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Idly looked at all today's paper headlines while shopping today.

All were about tax avoidance in one form or another.

I musty admit I get fed up with all the Tax Avoidance publicity.

Me too - lets face it, anyone who has/had an ISA or a TESSA is/was
seeking to avoid tax.

Maybe, but when I was a computer programmer with my own ltd co
working through an agency, it never occurred to me that I could send
my money to Mauritious and then 'lend' it back to me free of tax,
with no obligation to pay it back, and escape the notice of HMRC.

you may not have done but there were several schemes marketed at people
just like you and many took advantage of it

Most, if not all were unwound by HMRC and the people concerned got
large tax bills to pay.

However, it would never escape the notice of my accountant, so how
come Mrs Browns 'boys' get away with it ?.

you just employ a different accountant

yes it's strange that only those that can afford very expensive
accountant can afford to aviod tax. Backhanders to certain people spring
to mind.

No. See above: TESSA, ISA, Duty Free, and I do not nor have ever had an
accountant.

Other measures that can be put in place are ways to avoid Inheritance
Tax. Again its not complicated and no accountant is needed.