Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Analog Digital Micrometer

On 11/6/2017 12:20 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I've got a little cheap import 0-1" digital analog mic I use all the
time when +/- .001 is good enough.Â* Its actually very repeatable so I
guess I could adjust it.Â* Its repeatable within a couple tenths.Â* When I
need to get closer I check with a nearby size gage block first and
adjust for any error. Anyway, I was wondering if these are available in
larger sizes.Â* I've seen electronic digitals in larger sizes, but I
don't recall having seen analog digitals in larger sizes.

I've got Starrets (circa WWII or older) 0-6" that are pretty good and a
set of Companion (USA) (ok) upto 4", but I'd like to get something a
little faster.Â* I do not care for battery operated mics or calipers.
Seems the battery is always dead when I really need it.Â* I really like
the analog digital.Â* Its also faster for getting close before I even put
the mic on the part.

... and an assortment of el-cheapos.

Bite the mental bullet and embrace electronic digitals! Just buy a
bucket of batteries on eBay. Get the best name-brand batteries, the
no-name are crap.