Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT The 278 mph Koenigsegg Agera RS

On 11/6/2017 9:18 PM, catalpa wrote:
"Oren" wrote in message
Tested outside Las Vegas this weekend. Fastest production car.

Video (mid page)

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/11/06/278-mph-koenigsegg-agera-rs-is-new-worlds-fastest-car.html

Buckle up

What production tires can handle 278 mph?

Who has the reaction time to handle 278 mph?

Great death wish.

I did a back of the envelope energy calculation at that speed for a two
ton vehicle and got a number I can't believe. It was about the energy
equivalent of getting shot by 1,000 50 cal BMG's.

When I worked in fibers R&D we had a step-load endurance test for tires
where weight was increased with speed until failure. You would be
frightened if you saw how tires might behave at high speed before
failure with waves going through the tire.

When I looked at the video, I was thinking what might happen if a jack
rabbit had jumped in front of the car. If it were a deer, you could
kiss the deer, driver and car goodbye.