Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Disposing of old petrol (or diesel for that matter)

On 07/11/2017 22:44, Iggy wrote:
replying to Tim Streater, Iggy wrote:
Explain what? That "magically" physics, math, astronomy and engineering by
computer are wrong? LAUGHABLE! ALL OF THOSE have been beaten to a pulp by
reality (including mine) for thousands of years! I'll trump stupid physics
(the only kind there is) with 1 final PROOF, then you all can go sit on
your
thumbs again.

..the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms research laboratory in
Beltsville, Maryland...In more than 2,000 attempts the petrol did not
ignite.
See - Petrol lit with a cigarette? Only in the movies
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/feb/27/smoking.film = you're stuffed.

I once had the fuel tank fall off my car and it was dragged along by the
fuel line so was leaking.
When i got back from the phone box to call the AA someone had chucked
three fag ends in the pool of petrol, nothing happened.