Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Man hailed a hero for chasing Texas church gunman after massacre

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 1:18:04 PM UTC-6, Bod wrote:
On 07/11/2017 19:03, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 9:16:24 AM UTC-6, Bod wrote:
On 07/11/2017 14:32, Uncle Monster wrote:
On 2017-11-06, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
He wouldn't have killed those people at all if you had sensible gun
control.

Right, just like those people in NYC would not have been killed if we
had sensible truck control.

The difference of course is that we have 11,000 homicides a year via gun
and a handful by truck, so maybe it makes more sense to worry about guns
a whole lot more. The LV shooter, this latest shooter, it would be pretty
hard to kill and injure that many with a truck. The NYC guy, drove a mile
and killed 8.

Indeed, only a couple of truck incidents, but 307 mass shootings *so
far* this year in the US.
--
Bod

It's not like the shooters are throwing acid on their victims. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[9~{} Uncle Dissolving Monster

I'm not disputing that London and Manchester, UK has serious acid attack
problems, but please try to stay on topic, ie; guns.
--
Bod

Oh yea, truck guns! Please try to take your own advice. snicker ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Runover Monster

Another poster said "Right, just like those people in NYC would not have
been killed if we had sensible truck control".

I replied to the context of that comment.
--
Bod

CRAZY PEOPLE CONTROL, NOT GUN CONTROL! Put the loony buggers in a controlled environment where they can get treatment and don't let them run loose. Back in the 1970's, ACLU lawyers went after mental hospitals and the mental hospitals let a lot of mentally ill people out into the real world. There was some abuse of mental patients prior to that time so the Liberal Lawyers went to court and got the mental hospitals to do a mass release. In the 1970's, I was living in the city where the state mental hospital is located and after a lot of the crazies were let out. The police had to roundup a number of the bonkers people because they were standing in the middle of roadways trying to direct traffic. There was a lot of trespassing going on by the free range deranged. The majority of the loose loons were harmless and would wind up hurting themselves rather than intentionally harming other people.. It was like a lot of rampaging small children getting into everything. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

The nut job who did the shooting at the Texas church had been in a metal institution at one time and had actually escaped from the place. He was finally let out the institution for some unfathomable reason. If the information on his criminal background and mental illness had been in the system, he would never have passed a background check and been able to purchase the firearms he possessed. ”Œ( à²*_à²*)”˜

[8~{} Uncle Sane Monster