Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default private parking ticket

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 15:39:51 +0000, GB
wrote:

On 07/11/2017 15:37, Robin wrote:
On 07/11/2017 14:57, JoeJoe wrote:
On 07/11/2017 14:45, Brian Gaff wrote:
I guess they could ban you.
* I'm not sure about the legal* basis here. I'd imagine that they
might just
clamp your car this time.

Not sure they are allowed to do that in Scotland.

"They" are not allowed to do it in E&W either these days if it is a
private car park.* But they can and do pursue people who don't cough.
Even in Scotland.* As one woman found to her very considerable cost
earlier this year when ordered to pay £24,500.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...24500-ignored/

I was thinking that the parking people might be saving their tickets up
until there are enough of them to be worth pursuing through the courts.
A nice little nest egg for them when they get round tuit.

The M50 Toll does that. Anyone in the UK in a private car on the M50
in Ireland can have one freebie. After that they bill One in two's.

I wonder how many people spend a few seconds with a black felt marker
or a roll of insulating tape before they park up.

Never hear of any prosecutions, but it must be easy to edit things
like L, O P etc.

AB