Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Where do you send your 5# CO2 tanks out for hydro testing?

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 16:15:34 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Where do you send your 5# carbon dioxide tanks for hydro testing?
Every five years a 5# CO2 tank needs hydro testing so I'm getting near that
point where I get mine refilled at Carbonics for about $25 on the spot
(where I get to keep my tank which is what I want to do).
Since I don't want to trade in my tanks, I can't get them filled at Praxair
or Airgas because they only take trade ins (and give you a beat up old
tank, which works as well, but this is in the kitchen so it has to look
good and be in perfect clean shape).
Carbonics ships tanks out for hydro so I can ship mine out myself if that's
the case. They ship them to their own shop but that shop won't accept them
from a person.
Where do you send your 5# carbon dioxide tanks for hydro testing?

These 5.5 lb dry chem can be bought fairly cheaply - they are good
for 10 years ...

https://www.grainger.com/product/BAD...guisher-36MA23

A few years ago I got them on sale plus a volume discount when I
bought a dozen - Christmas gifts for adult kids, nieces & nephews.
John T.