Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob_Villa Bob_Villa is offline

Default Where do you send your 5# CO2 tanks out for hydro testing?

On Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at 10:15:40 AM UTC-6, Danny D. wrote:
Where do you send your 5# carbon dioxide tanks for hydro testing?

Every five years a 5# CO2 tank needs hydro testing so I'm getting near that
point where I get mine refilled at Carbonics for about $25 on the spot
(where I get to keep my tank which is what I want to do).

Since I don't want to trade in my tanks, I can't get them filled at Praxair
or Airgas because they only take trade ins (and give you a beat up old
tank, which works as well, but this is in the kitchen so it has to look
good and be in perfect clean shape).

Carbonics ships tanks out for hydro so I can ship mine out myself if that's
the case. They ship them to their own shop but that shop won't accept them
from a person.

Where do you send your 5# carbon dioxide tanks for hydro testing?

I would check with a local dive shop and see where they send scuba tanks for hydro.