Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Removing a WC pan

On Tue, 07 Nov 2017 13:13:43 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 09:33:41 +0000, Robin wrote:

On 07/11/2017 09:23, GB wrote:

We are direct off the mains now. It makes this sort of job very quick
and easy.

Having lived with that for 30+ years, I respectfully agree. Though the
downside risk of the water going off without notice for 24 hours is not
to be sniffed at - especially if like us you don't have water butts,
pond etc

Though in normal circumstances I think bottled water can be a bit of
an affectation that it is easily available and often supplied by the
water supplier anyway in such circumstances means it is less of a
problem than it once was.

Flushing the toilet with bottled water?

Why not in the circumstances described?
Sudden loss of water without notice for 24 hours where the householder
has no other sources to speak of on the premises.
If you notice in time you may be able to delay flushing what is in the
cistern till absolutely necessary. If it has been flushed before the
loss of water was noticed you are going to need a flexible personal
timetable when to go or a very full pan especially in a family
household irrespective of whether you attempt to flush it with some
bottled water or not. Four 2litre bottles poured into the cistern may
make it possible to get through the period . Some people may decide
the £1.50 of cheap water from lidl or similar good value to get
through the day and easier to carry than a bucket from a distant
source especilaaly for flat dwellers who have to reach higher floors.
Bottles don't spill.
To be honest though by comment was more to do without finding you had
no water to clean teeth, make a cuppa ,cook with. ( and the sensible
would save that into a bowl and flush the toilet with it.)
With even the most basic shop like newsagents stocking bottled water
it wil be easy for many to source some quickly, if the water company
piles up a pallet load for free in the street nearby even better.

It would of course require a little effort and thought so a lot of
people now would rather just suffer and moan on twitter.

G.Harman