Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Totally OT, Progress on a bayou restoration after Harvey

Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 11/6/2017 10:58 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Ed Pawlowski writes:
On 11/5/2017 10:36 PM, OFWW wrote:

What amazed me is the number of drivers that just ignore all laws. No
license to be suspended, no insurance, expired tags. If arrested, they
can often bond out in hours. What also amazes me is the stupidity of
some of the drug carriers. They have many pounds of weed but don't use
turn signals, have lights out, speed, then get pulled over and caught.

How can you get a good handle on "the number of drivers that ignore all
laws" from a silly TV show? It's like those old Leno segments where
he interviews ignorant people on the street - he needed to interview 100 people to find
the one dumb****.

The same is true with those reality tv cop shows you reference. One dumb****
per 10,000 pulled over drivers doesn't provide enough data to generalize
from.

I don't have statistics, but I do have three relatives that are police
and I know of many people in the questionable category.

While it is somewhat tragic, police officers generally deal with
criminals, and thus often have a skewed view of the general public.