Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave[_75_] Dave[_75_] is offline

Default towel rad - leaking from bottom valve tail fixing

replying to Spamlet, Dave wrote:
I'm having the same problem as the original poster. Got some Aluminium
Designer Vertical Radiators, no matter what I do, I cannot stop the tails from
leaking. I have tried regular PTFE Tape, Gas PTFE Tape, Joint Compound and
Fernox Sealer. I have even tried types of tails, including extendable ones
that have a short thread but a rubber seal on the end, thinking this will
surely nail it but to no avail. A frustrating and costly mistake buying these
rads.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ng-641833-.htm