Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Removing a WC pan

On Tue, 7 Nov 2017 10:48:24 +0000, Robin wrote:

Having lived with that for 30+ years, I respectfully agree. Though the
downside risk of the water going off without notice for 24 hours is not
to be sniffed at - especially if like us you don't have water butts,
pond etc

Though in normal circumstances I think bottled water can be a bit of
an affectation that it is easily available and often supplied by the
water supplier anyway in such circumstances means it is less of a
problem than it once was.

Thames Water don't supply enough bottled water in an emergency to flush
the loo. I don't know about other suppliers.

Which is why I said less of a problem rather than the whole answer.
If people have room maybe they should keep a jerry can of water in a
shed to flush the loo with but for most it will be such a rare event
as to not worry about, though you do hear of roads where the
infrastructure has got old that interruptions get frequent until the
main finally gets replaced rather than repaired.
We have 2000 litres + of rainwater storage plus a pond so the problem
is unlikely to arise but when my sister lost supply from a Severn
Trent main there was no problem going back to the distribution point
and picking up multiple bottles, in fact when the supply was restored
they were encouraging people to take away bundles of 2l bottles still
shrink wrapped together. Don't know if that was official policy or
employees who just didn't want to hump them back on and off a van.

G.Harman