Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Removing a WC pan

On 27/10/2017 17:54, Roger Mills wrote:
On 27/10/2017 09:37, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In ,
Â* writes:

Get a small container and bale out the water in the bottom of a pan.

Just use the loo brush to get the water oscilating back and forth
in the U bend, and you can almost completely empty it that way.

That's what I do. I then finish off with with a meat baster (used *only*
for this purpose, and not in the kitchen!) to suck the last few drops
out and dump them into a jam jar.

Doubtless TMH would recommend a wet and dry vac - but we haven't seen
him recently.

Not just TMH, the wet and dry is the *essential* tool to have to hand
for this job. Can also use it to empty the cistern completely.

Don't do what I did the other day, though. I had to whip the pan out in
order to open the saniflo to retrieve the cloth my other half flushed
into it. I thought, don't need to drain the cistern. However, while
drying up drips with the wet and dry I put enough "suck" on the siphon
pipe to trip the siphon. I was able to get my hand over the pipe before
more than about a pint had come out, but was very relieved to have a
large "trug" to hand to drain the rest of the cistern into in a
relatively well controlled manner. The delivery from a cistern not
attached to the pan is really quite impressive.

And of course it is easy to dry the floor with a wet and dry.