Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default combi with existing tank question

On 06/11/17 17:42, wrote:
On Mon, 6 Nov 2017 17:31:31 +0000, newshound
wrote:

Why a combi? If the present DHW tank has an indirect coil and provided
this and the radiators are not corroded to death, use a system boiler
and make it unvented. This avoids the possible problems of running a
shower off a combi, and keeps the immersion DHW backup. And you are not
seriously proposing using a combi with vented radiators, are you?

Plumbing is not my thing and I thought system boilers had to go with
pressurised tanks, like the megaflow, which I took to be more
expensive.

No, but that does give you nice high pressure hot water...

--
€œA leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
€œWe did this ourselves.€

ۥ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching