Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Analog Digital Micrometer

I've got a little cheap import 0-1" digital analog mic I use all the time
when +/- .001 is good enough. Its actually very repeatable so I guess I
could adjust it. Its repeatable within a couple tenths. When I need to get
closer I check with a nearby size gage block first and adjust for any error.
Anyway, I was wondering if these are available in larger sizes. I've seen
electronic digitals in larger sizes, but I don't recall having seen analog
digitals in larger sizes.

I've got Starrets (circa WWII or older) 0-6" that are pretty good and a set
of Companion (USA) (ok) upto 4", but I'd like to get something a little
faster. I do not care for battery operated mics or calipers. Seems the
battery is always dead when I really need it. I really like the analog
digital. Its also faster for getting close before I even put the mic on the
part.

.... and an assortment of el-cheapos.