Gary Slusser

Default Hot water sulphur smell

"Mike Dobony" wrote

"Robert A. Barr" Not.for.@harvest wrote

The anode may encourage the odor formation but the underlying

cause
is far more complicated.
Go he
http://www.ho****er.com/techhome.htm

Click on the FAQ.

Yipes!

I wonder if I did something wrong during installation, but it was

basically
just a swap of one unit for another. Well, I guess I can try the

chlorination
technique.

As I recall from the RV NG's, do not use Clorox as it uses a different

type
of clorine. Could anyone shed some light on this? Stick with the

cheaper
brands.

--
Mike D.

www.stopassaultnow.org

All household bleach uses the active ingredient of sodium hypochlorite.
Clorox bottles have a statement on the label stating that the product
"is not to be used for water treatment". Some other brands do the same
while others don't.

There are chlorine pellets that are FDA approved for potable water use.
Their active ingredient is calcium hyopchlorite IIRC.

Gary
Quality Water Associates