Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT fiction involving oxford or cambridge dons

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 11:02:13 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 10:47:08 +0000, Nick Odell wrote:

On 05/11/17 23:21, Rod Speed wrote:
Could have sworn it was CS Lewis, but they don't get listed in his
bibliographys.

The closest Lewis I can think of is "That Hideous Strength" which is
set in a fictional university.

Tom Sharpe wrote a comic novel "Porterhouse Blue" about Cambridge
There's an Inspector Morse novel by Colin Dexter "The Silent World of
Nicholas Quinn" which involves academics committing murder. Malcolm
Bradbury and David Lodge have each written comic novels about
university life but not AFAIK Oxbridge.

The best ones I can remember are the components of the Oxford Trilogy by
John Wain. Pre-, during and post-war:

http://johnwain.com/wordpress/?page_id=58

He was an Oxford don.

Very different from my own 40 years in a non-Oxbridge place...

Another...set in my PPoE although it doesn't actually say so...

"The End of Mr Y" by Scarlett Thomas. Had dinner with her a couple of
times.