Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default OT fiction involving oxford or cambridge dons

On 06/11/2017 12:13, Roger Hayter wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Nick Odell wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Could have sworn it was CS Lewis, but
they don't get listed in his bibliographys.

The closest Lewis I can think of is "That Hideous
Strength" which is set in a fictional university.

There was more than one tho.

Tom Sharpe wrote a comic novel "Porterhouse Blue" about Cambridge
There's an Inspector Morse novel by Colin Dexter "The Silent World of
Nicholas Quinn" which involves academics committing murder. Malcolm
Bradbury and David Lodge have each written comic novels about university
life but not AFAIK Oxbridge.

Is that any help?

Fraid not, I did find those with a google for oxbridge fiction dons
but they arent the ones I want. Should have said that, sorry.

I think CP Snow did that sort of stuff, but it was a very long time ago
I read it so I don't remember much detail. "Two cultures" etc.

I was going to say C P Snow too. I thought the writing was pretty poor
given the circles he moved in. Think Dan Brown meets Jeffrey Archer.