Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Rickenbacker RM112P monitor amp intermittnet popping and crackling.

This Rickenbacker RM112P monitor amp came to me with the complaint that it
randomly crackles and pops. I plugged it in this afternoon and of course it
didn't make any pops or crackles. I disassembled it and cleaned the
controls. They were only slightly noisy. I was unable to locate a schematic
for it. If it does decide to break down and make the noises, I would like to
be able trace the signal. Does anyone have a link for a schematic? It's very
clean inside. There are a few potential problem places that I see. One is
that there is double sided sticky tape holding the filter capacitors in
place. The p.c. trace is not insulated and I was wondering if that could be
causing a problem. Secondly, there seems to be some type of chemical
reaction happening leaving a flakey orange substance where some of the
components are connected to the circuit board.

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...-terminals.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/mrfixite...ilter-caps.jpg

Thanks for your reply.
--