Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Table saw Advice?

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 21:34:02 +0000, Fredxxx wrote:

On 05/11/2017 20:21, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Hi,
Would anyone be able to reccomend a table saw? The item is for
general use, wood, MDF and even chopping offcuts and the odd tree
branch to something that will fit in the wood burner.

I thought the Einhell or Erbaur would fit the bill, but they both have
a few iffy reports.

I have an Evolution mitre saw and jigsaw and they are both extremely
well made, but their table saw is quite low Wattage [1.4kW]

Has anyone any of these devices or can anyone reccomend anything on
legs for less than £200-00

I'm always wary about comparing power where most is converted to heat.

Generally the bigger the physical size/weight of the motor the more
useful power it produces.

You are probably correct, although generally I went with the approach
that if a device of X Watts was good, then 2 times X Watts would be
twice as good.

The Evolution blurb does say that there is less heat generated by the
blade, so I assume it is very efficient at cutting.

Anyway I ordered one, so I'll soon find out.

Many thanks for the input.

AB