Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Table saw Advice?

On 05/11/2017 20:21, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
Hi,
Would anyone be able to reccomend a table saw? The item is for
general use, wood, MDF and even chopping offcuts and the odd tree
branch to something that will fit in the wood burner.

I thought the Einhell or Erbaur would fit the bill, but they both have
a few iffy reports.

I have an Evolution mitre saw and jigsaw and they are both extremely
well made, but their table saw is quite low Wattage [1.4kW]

Has anyone any of these devices or can anyone reccomend anything on
legs for less than £200-00

Regards

AB

I'm keen on Evolutions, I have both a circular saws and a chop saw and I
love the way the blades ignore screws and nails when chopping up pallets
for the woodburner. Maybe the finish would not satisfy the serious
carpenter.

I'd have said 1.4 kW was pretty serious power for a free-standing table
saw, and should be fine unless you are regularly ripping sleeper-sized
timber. I have an old Clarke table saw with about a 10 inch blade and
certainly less power than that, and I find it pretty scary.