Ari Shapiro

Default indoor walls: spray paint or roll paint with rollers?

A question for the painting experts in the group:

The walls of my living room are 20' high. I got a bid from a painter
who says that it is better to use a paint spray machine to paint the
walls of the living room, since the height of the walls makes it more
difficult to use rollers and that some unwanted streaking will occur
while using rollers. The spray paint, he says, will give a uniform
finish.

On the other hand, a few of my friends say that they have never heard
of anyone using a spray paint machine to paint the interior walls
while the room is furnished, and that their walls have always been
painted with rollers.

Can anyone confirm whether it is unusual to spray paint the living
room walls? Will painting with rollers yield uneveness or streaking?

Thanks!

Ari Shapiro