Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Video doorbells?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
newshound wrote

That's exactly what I thought too. I have a somewhat rambling
house and although I have a portable "ringer" if I am at the top
of the house or the bottom of the garden, delivery guys are
sometimes gone by the time I get there.

Not quite sure how a video doorbell is going to help with that?

The better ones allow you to say whatever
you like to the person ringing the doorbell.

Even allow you to do that using your phone if you arent
home when they ring the doorbell, so you can tell them
where to leave the parcel if it doesn’t need to be signed
for and even allows you to sign for it using your phone
if they allow that form of signature for deliverys.

Much easier ways of telling someone who rings
the bell you're in and coming to the door.

But not for working out who it is ringing the doorbell.