Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Disposing of old petrol (or diesel for that matter)

On 05/11/2017 10:12, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 05 Nov 2017 00:44:03 GMT, Iggy wrote:

I'd vote for burning it. Pour it into a very wide pan like a pizza pan
or make one out of aluminum foil and light it...a wide open pan means
you aren't restricting the flames or fumes, so no explosion or hazard.

There speaks some one who has never tried that and has no idea of the
volatility and flamabilty of petrol.

Experience has taught me that you DO NOT attmept to burn petrol in
the open. It will go WHUMMPFF and will produce a fire ball from the
vapours.

There being many videos on youtube to illustrate this fact. This being
particularly spectacular, but I do suspect that you need fairly special
weather conditions for this.

https://youtu.be/3f4lPzxSm5A?t=37

--
Chris B (News)