Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Video doorbells?

On 03/11/2017 17:59, Rod Speed wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote

Why would you want one,

Handy to see who it is, and if it’s the joveys or some other
sales fool with a clipboard etc, ignore them if you choose to.

Also handy to be able to answer with your phone, see who it
is and if it’s a delivery person, tell them to leave what they are
delivering there if you don’t have to sign for it, or tell them
that you are coming so they don’t just card it so you have to
go down to the delivery place and pick it up later etc.

for years we have just had a bell.

And now its very affordable to do a lot better than that so
it makes sense to have something better and more useful.

That's exactly what I thought too. I have a somewhat rambling house and
although I have a portable "ringer" if I am at the top of the house or
the bottom of the garden, delivery guys are sometimes gone by the time I
get there.