Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Help me understand power banks.

On 04/11/2017 20:25, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
charles wrote :
Certainly the case with my iPhone

Iphones can be a bit picky about the sources they are charged from, mine
is and complains, but still recharges slowly.

Very slowly. I think that is a standard Apple marketing ploy, IIRC our
original iPad was similar.

*Apart* from Apple, I think devices will charge at 1A on a 1A charger,
2A on a 2A one (if they are rated for 2A). Just takes twice as long on
the 1A version.

At least we are moving to a civilised world where a high proportion of
devices will charge either off 5V from USB, or 12V. And we have the EU
to thank for phone chargers.