Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Insulate external door

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 19:59:40 UTC, Fevric J. Glandules wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 16:48:35 UTC, Fevric J. Glandules wrote:

Helping someone out with this... their back door has a panel in
the lower half which must be all of 2mm thick. I am thinking
to insulate this in some way but cannot decide on the best
material to use. As "not being ugly" is apparently a consideration.

Any thoughts?

On our timber doors I removed the moulding and used bubble wrap followed
by another piece of ply to hold it in place,

Thanks for the suggestion!

If you can get better insulation, do. It's not worth skimping that much.

NT