Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Help me understand power banks.

In article ,
tim... wrote:

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
news
On 04/11/2017 14:50, tim... wrote:

So I went into all the other shops in the high street to see what they
had (lest I should want to take the purchase back whist I was still
there) and all of them, with one single exception were output 5V 1A, that
exception was fugging expensive and more importantly 3 times the
dimensions and 10 times the weight of the one that I had bought. I
particularly wanted a small, lightweight, fits in your pocket example.

You can't miniaturise the Watt

The difference is prices/size is to do with the capacity of the battery,
sure

But I'm not bothered by having a power store that will only re-charge my
device once, rather than 5 times.

It's the possibility that a low power output doesn't charge it at all,
that's the problem

Certainly the case with my iPhone

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England