Ron Hardin

Default Hot water sulphur smell

I had the smell for about a year after Sears put in a new hot water
heater (electric) and then it went away on its own. I assume the anode rod
went away. It's been 25 years now since that happened and everything's
fine since then. Apparently you don't need anode rods.

Just goes to show that disattention to the matter sometimes fixes it. Treat
it as an interesting experiment, though it may not be possible if a female
gets to contribute to the decision.

I have well water, high iron, softened with red-out.
--
Ron Hardin