Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Ampeg (?) 15" bass speaker 5815026

There's this guy that hangs around recycling in his town and he brings me stuff to fix. A lot of what he brings in is virtually new - it's amazing what people throw away. The other day he brought in what looks like a vintage Ampeg bass speaker cabinet in rough cosmetic shape (name gone), but it has an undamaged 15" speaker installed. It has a 3/4 jack for the input. It has a large square magnet and the numbers on the driver are 5815026 137 544.

My oldest son plays bass in a band but this speaker seems more suited for lower power tube amps. Is this good for a practice amp or better suited for repurposing the cabinet (which is otherwise structurally sound)?