Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default decent reasonable hand rivet gun

On 01/11/2017 10:51, fred wrote:
Everyone seems to be selling that swivel head type http://www.axminster.co.uk/arrow-twi...riveter-340260

under different names and prices. I had the Arrow version but have just broken it. A river shaft got jammed in it and I tried dismantling it to have it explode parts all over the flooe and no way could I re-assemble it. I wasn't enamoured of it anyway.

£50-100 would be absolute max as its not a tool I use often

I have a lazy tongs, plenty of power for steel as well as alloy rivets.
Only downside is that it won't work in tight spaces, of course. I use
Rivnuts for these, with the proper tool (the "pliers" type are not
really strong enough).