Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Build the Big Mac. No, the bridge silly!

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 19:41:42 -0400
Bill wrote:

I could never walk out on girders like those workers...

While I'ved always enjoyed flying in both fixed, and rotary wing,
aircraft; driving over that bridge, almost always, gives me a case ot
the willies.

I've done the annual bridge walk about 10 times. Some years it would be
bucking back and forth in between the towers. Enough so that people
would fall down here and there. There are large expansion joints,
called finger joints I believe and it would be making clanging noises
at those points. It was fun to see the stuff up close and notice things
you don't pick up on while driving over it

I didn't notice many of those workers hooked up to any safety apparatus
either...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b