Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Boris was wrong about the £350m

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:20:38 +0000, Nightjar wrote:

On 02-Nov-17 9:11 AM, Tim Streater wrote:

snip

If that's the case then the focus on the money by those wishing to
remain under the auspices of this undemocratic EU is unwarranted.

I have previously provided arguments against all and every reason put
forward by the Leave campaign. This is just one of them, but it gets
attention because it is particularly easy to prove wrong.

In the motorcycling world I think we call this 'target fixation' ...
when you are so focused on avoiding something (like an obstacle in the
road) you actually hit it.

The leavers are so fussed at leaving 'at all costs', not facts or
counter-arguments, no matter low logical or provable will make any
difference.

In some cases that's because whey they 'say' are their reasons for
wanting to leave the EU, actually aren't, but they can't say what they
really are for fear of being called a racist or 'Little Englander'
etc.

Or it's based on some *perceived* issue that whilst might be an issue,
or an issue to some, isn't a real issue to the vast majority and
dealing with that could be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Cheers, T i m