Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT Boris was wrong about the £350m

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 09:31:11 +0000, Nightjar wrote:

On 01-Nov-17 9:50 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

Blame whoever created the graph (I was looking at and who labelled it
with small figures. However, that doesn't change my point that, in the
grand scheme of things, what we pay to the EU isn't really a big part
of government spending. Indeed, taking the actual cost, after the
rebate and what we get back, it comes to less than 0.5% of GDP and
even the most optimistic of the believable predictions suggest that
our GDP will drop by more than that as a result of Brexit.

Leaving the EU isn't about that.

I doubt there is a single unified vision of Brexit for all those who
voted to leave

Bingo. They all voted for their version of what they thought / hoped
it would be (including the racists and the Little Englanders) and only
now (with the new independent reports that were commissioned by the
Government to look into the potential outcome of leaving the EU,
*after* asking people to vote on it!?) might we get a slightly better
insight about the outcome.

and the money was certainly one of the reasons given at
the time.

There were a few 'key reasons' that the weak / closed minded latched
onto and the frightening thing is that even when such reasons are
proved to be false, they still seem to want to vote the same way?

Cheers, T i m