Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Rewiring an old projector - add an earth cable?

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 06:58:52 +0000, Graeme
wrote:

In message , Bob Eager
writes

Until about 1958 (can't remember exactly!) my toy trains didn't have a
transformer - they had a rotary converter. We were on DC mains.

I suppose mine had a rotary converter at one time - I called it a key
:-)

I bought a clockwork engine for half a crown from a school chum after
we moved in with Dad 2 .
No mains at the farm so could only use the electric train set in
Winter when the generator was running in the hours I was up. Too
expensive just to run it just for my train set and in Summer it wasn't
started till after my bedtime. Not that it mattered as there outdoor
activities instead.
Later when mains electricity arrived it disarmed mother when she
attempted to curb my sessions with "stop that now You're wasting
electricity" Wind wind wind "No I'm not its the clockwork one"
"don't you start getting clever with me".
I expect we have all been there in some way.

G.Harman