Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default decent reasonable hand rivet gun

After serious thinking fred wrote :
Everyone seems to be selling that swivel head type
http://www.axminster.co.uk/arrow-twi...riveter-340260

under different names and prices. I had the Arrow version but have just
broken it. A river shaft got jammed in it and I tried dismantling it to have
it explode parts all over the flooe and no way could I re-assemble it. I
wasn't enamoured of it anyway.

I have owned the same item for 30+ years. It has jammed a few times,
but I had no problems dismantling and reassembling it. It is basically
just a pair of jaws with a spring behind them, held in by a threaded
bush at the rear.