Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any tips to match new cement patch to old concrete?

On 10/31/17 7:07 PM, trader_4 wrote:
Any tips on how to get new cement mix to better match 30 year old concrete?
I have a sidewalk that has cracked completely across in one spot, it's
about 1/2"wide, wider in a a couple spots. It's also sunk down about 1/2".
Plan is to dig at the sides, pry it up, fill in under probably with
concrete, then patch the crack. Problem is I'm sure the new cement mix
that I will use won't match well with the old. I looked at the repair
products, eg a vinyl plus concrete mix, but those look even worse, a
light gray. So, I'm thinking of using a bag of cement mix that I already
have together with some bonding agent, but wonder if there are some
better ideas or tricks to try to get the color closer?

Thanks.

Would there be anything you'd want to put over the whole thing
after you're
done with the repairs?