Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Klay Anderson Klay Anderson is offline

Default How to tighten round nut on swtich?

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 9:34:57 AM UTC-6, rickman wrote:
micky wrote on 10/25/2017 9:15 PM:
I need to put a momentary on switch in my dashboard, and the one I
bought doesn't have a hex nut for the top nut but a round serrated ring
to hold the switch in place.

The old-timers way is to tighten the hex nut on the rear of the switch shaft once you have the knurled nut flush with the panel. There are angled wrenches just for this. I've a few but (as an old-timer) I don't remember where I bought them. Seems to me they were a part from a switch or pot manufacturer.