Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default How do I remove glued-in headset drivers (tiny speakers) from my headset?

me wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I wouldnt, because there wont necessarily be a solvent that will
dissolve
the glue and not affect the plastics being glued particularly when the
glue is a hot melt glue as most normally are now in that situation.

Well after hot melt was mentioned I looked it up
and it turns out IPA is the exact solvent to use for it.

There's videos of it being applied and almost instantly releasing the
glue.

Doesnt work with my hot melt glue.

I've tried it on the glue on my headset and it does soften it to some
extent
but there's no magic instant release so I'm not convinced it is hot melt
glue.

There is a hell of a lot more than just one hot melt glue.

I suppose it's all academic now anyway as
I've gone for the brute force approach.