Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hand Reaming and Drilling

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 10:13:44 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message news
On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 13:43:45 -0700
"Bob La Londe" wrote:

snip
I would think ideally a 1/4" (6.35mm) capacity keyless chuck on the end of
middle size screw driver would be ideal for this sort of work. Somebody
must have made one already. Maybe a 3/8 or 1/2 would be handy, but I
usually find myself dealing with this on the smaller bits and reamers.

I know them as a pin vise.

Try this search for some examples:

https://www.banggood.com/search/pin-vise.html

Watch their suggestions along the edges while clicking on a few. That
search doesn't find all they have to offer...

Funny you should bring this up. Just ordered this one:

https://www.banggood.com/0_5-8mm-Min...p-1043309.html

******************

YES!!! I may get two or three or four of them so I can leave the 1/16th
and 1/8th bits I use all the time on my tackle making bench chucked up and
ready to go. Maybe another on the back work bench, and one on the assembly
bench in the machine room.

You boys never run into "yankee drills/drivers" before?

http://www.garrettwade.com/garrett-w...-drill-gp.html

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ill&_s acat=0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-YAN...l/162726932969

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-YAN...A/202085819664

I have a number of them around the home shops and use them regularly.

Gunner

---