Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lowes will begin selling Craftsman products

On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 09:20:55 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/29/2017 4:07 AM, Bill wrote:
-MIKE- wrote:
On 10/28/17 8:51 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
Lowes will probably drop their Kobalt tool line.
Hope not.
Why?* Do you think they can rationalize the inventory and space
for another line of similar (quality) tools?* I don't see it.

You are most-likely correct.* Let me know if you see them start
having clearance sales! I'll start looking to see if there are any
big Kobalt tools that I might like to have.

My guess is they'll either keep both and have the Craftsman brand as
their "premium" or dump Kobalt altogether.

Getting to carry an esteemed brand like Craftsman is a gift for any
retailer.
As long as the quality and lifetime warranty is preserved, it's a
win-win.

There are may more Lowes stores than Sears, so they should be able to
keep prices down to sell in bulk.

It takes a good bit of floor space to represent the Craftsman brand very
well.* It will be interesting to see how well Lowes does it. It may give
me a reason to visit Lowes more often.* At Sears, there must be 5 or 6
Craftsman lawnmowers on display. I doubt* that will happen at Lowes.* My
next lawnmower will probably be a Honda anyway.* ; )

Bill

If lawnmowers are included. It may only be tools. Hand tools and power
tools are ade by different suppliers too. They also broke ties with
Whirlpool after many years of making Kenmore appliances.

Even just the tools take a huge footprint, more than the tool section
allotted in any Lowes I've seen to date.

The Craftsman name may live on, but will the quality?

Why should anything change now. Their quality has been dropping for
several decades.