Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lowes will begin selling Craftsman products

On 2017-10-29, -MIKE- wrote:

Getting to carry an esteemed brand like Craftsman is a gift for any
retailer.

It is? Apparently, didn't help Sears.

Might be the only thing that kept them going - - -

In CA, Orchard Supply Hardware (OSH) was bought out by Sears and sold
Craftsman tools. Unfortunately, they tossed the infinitely superior
William and Bonney line of hand tools to carry Craftsman.

As long as the quality and lifetime warranty is preserved, it's a
win-win.

I used my FIL's Craftman electric weed-eater. It was "designed to
break" (my quotes!), so it did. I replaced it under Craftsman's
"lifetime warranty" and it promply broke --again!-- within 1 min.
Izzat what you would qualify as "quality"?

Craftman has NEVER had "quality". Broke my 10mm Craftman combo wrench
not too long after learning about Snap-On quality. The closest Sears
store was 100 mi away. The Snap-On (Bonney?) jes never bothered to
break. That's "quality".

When I started my apprenticeship as a mechanic I bought my Craftsman
starter set and a classmate bought "snap-off" at over twice the price.
He had replaced over half of his before he finished his
apprenticeship, while I had almost all of my original set over 20
years later.
nb