Islander

Default help, concrete driveway rising up

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:20:12 GMT, "lucy" wrote:
even though you get that fix, you will still have the same problem
since its a dirt alley and those heavy trucks couple with water will
sure push thatside of the driveway up.
quick fix would be like what raven wrote, but id make that about 6
inches deep of gravel and 4-6 of concrete leveled with the rest. thats
a lot of work for a quick fix.
the right way is smash all of that concrete that got raised, (so that
when you fill it back with concrete it will be level with the rest of
the driveway}, dig all of the dirt down to a foot, fill it with gravel
bout 6 inches, pack it, then pour the concrete.
but if the city has a dirt alley, you can probably call the city
engineer and tell them whats gong on, they will probably give you more
options....
just my 2cents good luck!
Hi everyone,
I've posted before and got great advice, thank you all so much.
Ok, there is a concrete driveway leading to the alley. The alley is just a
dirt path..
When the trash trucks come by, they're somehow pushing dirt up under the
edge of the driveway (the part that faces the alley) and over the years (not
sure how many, I just bought this house), they've raised the edge of the
driveway up. When I go to the edge of the driveway, I have to now step down
off the end of it, to step onto the alley.. about a foot drop.
I asked a guy to help with it.. he basically came over and busted part of
the concrete, then said I have to get a professional, and left! He left it
with a big crack down the middle in two places.. the driveway is long, and
the crack starts at the edge by the alley and extends toward the house only
a couple feet. He cracked it like that in two places, and dug out some of
the dirt that was under the driveway.. and of course, left it dumped by the
trash cans. Needless to say, his calls aren't getting returned. I can't
afford a new driveway, and I don't want to get in trouble with the city.
Please.. will someone tell me an affordable way to fix either the driveway,
or remove it? If so.. I don't mean to sound dumb, but.. what do I do with
the leftover concrete chunks if I do have to remove it?
Thanks in advance,
Lucy